Many thanks to IBM and COMMON for their recent IT Leadership Summit on Security, held August 3, 2022, at IBM’s Astor Place offices in New York City.
This free, noncommercial event for IT executives featured speakers with broad experience addressing industry security concerns. Speakers included:
- Steve Sibley, Vice President, IBM Power
- Dawn May, COMMON President
- Bob Kalka, Vice President, IBM Security Business Unit
- Debbie Quick, Product Manager, IBM Power Security
- David Spurway, Global Principal IBM Power, IBM Technology Sales
- Westley McDuffie, Security Evangelist, IBM Security
- Carol Woodbury, President and CTO at DXR Security
I was impressed by the unusual depth delivered by the speakers in such a short time. Highlights for me included concepts such as “zero trust” and the different security model necessitated by cloud-based systems. To provide a break in the presentations, IBM labs treated us to a fascinating interaction with an AI-enabled robot dog.
The day concluded with a thought-provoking talk by IBM Power Champion Carol Woodbury, as pictured above.
Since it isn’t practical for me to go into detail here on everything that was shared throughout the day, I encourage you to watch for more from these excellent speakers at future events and webinars. Their knowledge is well worth the time.
An event of this quality is rare and appreciated. I look forward to future executive events from IBM and COMMON.