Last week, Perforce announced plans to withdraw Zend Server for IBM i “Basic” by June 2021. Filling the gap is free “community” PHP for IBM i, installable in RPM format.
PHP Your Way
After helping a number of clients adopt free and open PHP, we’ve seen positive results:
- Quick and easy installation and updates via industry-standard RPMs, the open source format used by IBM.
- The same good PHP used on all other platforms, stable and predictable, no “gotchas.” Easy for us to support.
- Excellent performance.
- 64-bit PHP means no more worries about memory.
- We’ve been successfully supplying the “missing” extensions commonly used with free PHP on IBM i.
What are your choices?
PHP has always been a flexible language for building web sites and APIs. Now, IBM i shops can choose how to install it.
- Free, open PHP is a solid alternative to Zend Server Basic. Seiden Group is here to help you adopt free PHP and to support you.
- For companies who benefit from the features of Zend Server Professional and Enterprise editions, which you can read about in Perforce’s blog post, licenses are available from our friends at Perforce.
Our clients comprise a mix of free PHP and Zend Server. We appreciate and support them all.
Questions about which PHP edition is right for you? Contact us to discuss PHP or any other IBM i needs.