- 2/21/2017 – 2/21/2017TBDAlan will join the members of SEMIUG in February to share PHP tips and techniques for IBM i developers.
- 3/14–16/2017Delavan, WIAlan will speak at this 3-day event featuring more than 50 informative presentations on current topics for IBM i professionals.
- 3/21–23/2017Orlando, FLGet ready for a highly interactive conference devoted exclusively to the needs of IBM i development teams. Join us to learn how to fast-forward application modernization, Web development and mobile apps - all leveraging IBM i data and business logic.
- 5/6/2017 – 5/6/2017Orlando, FLLearn Git and Github for source control in the "Git Fun & Games" Workshop with Alan Seiden, Aaron Bartell, Stephanie Rabbani, Liam Allan. In the afternoon, continue with Alan's "Make Your IBM i Sizzle with Wordpress" Workshop.
- 5/7–10/2017Orlando, FLAttend the largest gathering of Power Systems professionals in the world. Alan joins forces with IBM's Scott Forstie to present "Using DB2 and SQL with Open Source Languages." Alan will also present 4 additional sessions on PHP and related topics.
Category Archives: Apache
Starting January 27, 2015, I’ll be giving three free Tuesday webinars: January 27: Strategic Modernization with PHP February 17: Bring RPG/COBOL business logic to the web with the PHP Toolkit March 10: Speedy PHP on IBM i All three one-hour webinars … Continue reading
Join me for two events this week sponsored by COMMON, a Users Group: Monday, Feb. 24: Free Tweet Chat about optimizing PHP Performance on IBM i. Use hash tag #COMMONChat. 12pm Central time. Thursday, Feb. 27: Full-day (10-4 Central time … Continue reading
Update: a recording of this class is available at http://iprodeveloper.com/let-your-php-apps-fly-ibm-i-high-performance-php-demand ————- This Tuesday, learn how to Let Your PHP applications fly on IBM i. Busy? You can attend while getting your work done, with three one-hour class segments separated by … Continue reading
For the first time, I’m teaching how to Let Your PHP applications fly on IBM i, including how to configure Zend Server for performance, diagnose bottlenecks, leverage unique IBM i performance tools, optimize DB2 and the IBM i toolkit, and … Continue reading
Tomorrow I’m presenting a new webcast, New PHP Toolkit from Zend and IBM: Open Source on IBM i, as part of System i Network’s free “Virtual Conference.” Date: Thursday, April 5 Time: 11:15am ET Registration (free): http://tinyurl.com/new-toolkit-20120405 Other presentations in … Continue reading
Hope you can join me for “Web performance first aid,” a webcast for the COMMON user group. The webcast will be recorded and archived for future listenings as well. The webcast is for COMMON members, so anyone wanting to hear … Continue reading
A reader recently asked me this security question: If a user enters: http://<my_ip>/<mydirectory> instead of http://<my_ip>/<mydirectory>/script.php They get a listing of all scripts/files in that directory and they can then select and execute/run those scripts. This is a real concern … Continue reading