- 2/21/2017 – 2/21/2017TBDAlan will join the members of SEMIUG in February to share PHP tips and techniques for IBM i developers.
- 3/14–16/2017Delavan, WIAlan will speak at this 3-day event featuring more than 50 informative presentations on current topics for IBM i professionals.
- 3/21–23/2017Orlando, FLGet ready for a highly interactive conference devoted exclusively to the needs of IBM i development teams. Join us to learn how to fast-forward application modernization, Web development and mobile apps - all leveraging IBM i data and business logic.
- 5/6/2017 – 5/6/2017Orlando, FLLearn Git and Github for source control in the "Git Fun & Games" Workshop with Alan Seiden, Aaron Bartell, Stephanie Rabbani, Liam Allan. In the afternoon, continue with Alan's "Make Your IBM i Sizzle with Wordpress" Workshop.
- 5/7–10/2017Orlando, FLAttend the largest gathering of Power Systems professionals in the world. Alan joins forces with IBM's Scott Forstie to present "Using DB2 and SQL with Open Source Languages." Alan will also present 4 additional sessions on PHP and related topics.
Category Archives: Web development
The 2015 COMMON annual meeting and expo, now in its first day, is helping speakers and attendees create innovation through IBM i integration: open source, closed source, IBM and vendor solutions. For example, of my six presentations during this conference, … Continue reading
Starting January 27, 2015, I’ll be giving three free Tuesday webinars: January 27: Strategic Modernization with PHP February 17: Bring RPG/COBOL business logic to the web with the PHP Toolkit March 10: Speedy PHP on IBM i All three one-hour webinars … Continue reading
I’ve relaunched my PHP and IBM i newsletter. Here is the January 2015 edition, out today. To subscribe and receive this free newsletter each month, go here: alanseiden.com/tips. Comments welcome. Happy 2015– Alan
I’ve recorded a special message about my upcoming presentations at the Toronto Users Group for Power Systems evening meeting on January 21, 2015: In the video, I discuss the two sessions I’ll be presenting: Bring RPG/COBOL business logic to the … Continue reading
Zend Framework 2 (ZF2) provides optimization techniques that are often overlooked by published performance tests. One excellent source for such techniques is a presentation by Gary Hockin. I was thrilled when my client and friend King Harrison IV of K3S … Continue reading
Join me for two events this week sponsored by COMMON, a Users Group: Monday, Feb. 24: Free Tweet Chat about optimizing PHP Performance on IBM i. Use hash tag #COMMONChat. 12pm Central time. Thursday, Feb. 27: Full-day (10-4 Central time … Continue reading
Update: a recording of this class is available at http://iprodeveloper.com/let-your-php-apps-fly-ibm-i-high-performance-php-demand ————- This Tuesday, learn how to Let Your PHP applications fly on IBM i. Busy? You can attend while getting your work done, with three one-hour class segments separated by … Continue reading
For the first time, I’m teaching how to Let Your PHP applications fly on IBM i, including how to configure Zend Server for performance, diagnose bottlenecks, leverage unique IBM i performance tools, optimize DB2 and the IBM i toolkit, and … Continue reading
Several clients have asked me how to prevent their older Easycom components from loading, now that they’ve migrated from the Easycom toolkit to the new open source IBM i Zend toolkit. Here are instructions based on suggestions from Rod Flohr … Continue reading