- 2/21/2017 – 2/21/2017TBDAlan will join the members of SEMIUG in February to share PHP tips and techniques for IBM i developers.
- 3/14–16/2017Delavan, WIAlan will speak at this 3-day event featuring more than 50 informative presentations on current topics for IBM i professionals.
- 3/21–23/2017Orlando, FLGet ready for a highly interactive conference devoted exclusively to the needs of IBM i development teams. Join us to learn how to fast-forward application modernization, Web development and mobile apps - all leveraging IBM i data and business logic.
- 5/6/2017 – 5/6/2017Orlando, FLLearn Git and Github for source control in the "Git Fun & Games" Workshop with Alan Seiden, Aaron Bartell, Stephanie Rabbani, Liam Allan. In the afternoon, continue with Alan's "Make Your IBM i Sizzle with Wordpress" Workshop.
- 5/7–10/2017Orlando, FLAttend the largest gathering of Power Systems professionals in the world. Alan joins forces with IBM's Scott Forstie to present "Using DB2 and SQL with Open Source Languages." Alan will also present 4 additional sessions on PHP and related topics.
Category Archives: Zend’s PHP toolkit for IBM i
I recently joined speaker and consultant Paul Touhy for a spontaneous, personal ‘iTalk with Tuohy’ recorded chat, described thus: “Paul Tuohy talks to development guru Alan Seiden about developing in PHP, the PHP for IBM i Toolkit, performance for developers … Continue reading
Exact name is required when calling a service program’s procedure Some developers make a common mistake when calling a procedure in a service program using the PHP Toolkit for IBM i or any toolkit based on XMLSERVICE. It’s easy to … Continue reading
The support team at Zend has written a knowledge base of tips for configuring and administering Zend Server for IBM i. The tips, written chiefly by Rod Flohr, are accurate and thorough. Recommended is the site’s option to notify registered … Continue reading
The 2015 COMMON annual meeting and expo, now in its first day, is helping speakers and attendees create innovation through IBM i integration: open source, closed source, IBM and vendor solutions. For example, of my six presentations during this conference, … Continue reading
Starting January 27, 2015, I’ll be giving three free Tuesday webinars: January 27: Strategic Modernization with PHP February 17: Bring RPG/COBOL business logic to the web with the PHP Toolkit March 10: Speedy PHP on IBM i All three one-hour webinars … Continue reading
Update as of Jan. 26, 2015: youngiprofessionals.com now redirects to the new server. ————- The youngiprofessionals.com site, which hosts XMLSERVICE, has been moved to a new server. Till the domain name can be directed to the new server, use this … Continue reading
I’ve relaunched my PHP and IBM i newsletter. Here is the January 2015 edition, out today. To subscribe and receive this free newsletter each month, go here: alanseiden.com/tips. Comments welcome. Happy 2015– Alan
I’ve recorded a special message about my upcoming presentations at the Toronto Users Group for Power Systems evening meeting on January 21, 2015: In the video, I discuss the two sessions I’ll be presenting: Bring RPG/COBOL business logic to the … Continue reading
Zendcon, the premier PHP conference, Oct. 27-30, 2014, has a dedicated IBM i track and a special day of IBM i workshop tutorials, to be presented on Oct. 27 by consultant Alan Seiden and IBM’s Tony Cairns, teaching details of performance and DB2 while answering attendee questions in a focused setting. Other tutorials will teach advanced Git, Zend Framework 2, and more. Mike Pavlak will present sessions, co-host an IBM i reception, and ensure that Zendcon is an excellent investment for IBM i attendees. Conference in Santa Clara, California. More information: http://zendcon.com or http://www.alanseiden.com/2014/08/12/zendcontutorial-discount-expires-aug-15/ Continue reading
ZendCon, the premier PHP conference, October 27-30, 2014, in Santa Clara, California, has a discount expiring August 15 31 (extended!). When you register, be sure to include the tutorial day (Oct. 27). If you already registered but forgot to add … Continue reading