- 2/21/2017 – 2/21/2017TBDAlan will join the members of SEMIUG in February to share PHP tips and techniques for IBM i developers.
- 3/14–16/2017Delavan, WIAlan will speak at this 3-day event featuring more than 50 informative presentations on current topics for IBM i professionals.
- 3/21–23/2017Orlando, FLGet ready for a highly interactive conference devoted exclusively to the needs of IBM i development teams. Join us to learn how to fast-forward application modernization, Web development and mobile apps - all leveraging IBM i data and business logic.
- 5/6/2017 – 5/6/2017Orlando, FLLearn Git and Github for source control in the "Git Fun & Games" Workshop with Alan Seiden, Aaron Bartell, Stephanie Rabbani, Liam Allan. In the afternoon, continue with Alan's "Make Your IBM i Sizzle with Wordpress" Workshop.
- 5/7–10/2017Orlando, FLAttend the largest gathering of Power Systems professionals in the world. Alan joins forces with IBM's Scott Forstie to present "Using DB2 and SQL with Open Source Languages." Alan will also present 4 additional sessions on PHP and related topics.
Category Archives: Zend Framework
Zend Framework 2 (ZF2) provides optimization techniques that are often overlooked by published performance tests. One excellent source for such techniques is a presentation by Gary Hockin. I was thrilled when my client and friend King Harrison IV of K3S … Continue reading
Zendcon, the premier PHP conference, Oct. 27-30, 2014, has a dedicated IBM i track and a special day of IBM i workshop tutorials, to be presented on Oct. 27 by consultant Alan Seiden and IBM’s Tony Cairns, teaching details of performance and DB2 while answering attendee questions in a focused setting. Other tutorials will teach advanced Git, Zend Framework 2, and more. Mike Pavlak will present sessions, co-host an IBM i reception, and ensure that Zendcon is an excellent investment for IBM i attendees. Conference in Santa Clara, California. More information: http://zendcon.com or http://www.alanseiden.com/2014/08/12/zendcontutorial-discount-expires-aug-15/ Continue reading
ZendCon, the premier PHP conference, October 27-30, 2014, in Santa Clara, California, has a discount expiring August 15 31 (extended!). When you register, be sure to include the tutorial day (Oct. 27). If you already registered but forgot to add … Continue reading
For the first time, I’m teaching how to Let Your PHP applications fly on IBM i, including how to configure Zend Server for performance, diagnose bottlenecks, leverage unique IBM i performance tools, optimize DB2 and the IBM i toolkit, and … Continue reading
Alan answers questions about DB2 for IBM i support in Zend Framework 2. Continue reading
I’ve started a consulting firm dedicated to helping companies attain superior results with PHP, Zend Framework, IBM i, and related technologies such as Zend Server, DB2, and the new PHP toolkit. We will provide guidance and best practices, training, mentoring, … Continue reading
Tomorrow I’m presenting a new webcast, New PHP Toolkit from Zend and IBM: Open Source on IBM i, as part of System i Network’s free “Virtual Conference.” Date: Thursday, April 5 Time: 11:15am ET Registration (free): http://tinyurl.com/new-toolkit-20120405 Other presentations in … Continue reading
Hope you can join me for “Web performance first aid,” a webcast for the COMMON user group. The webcast will be recorded and archived for future listenings as well. The webcast is for COMMON members, so anyone wanting to hear … Continue reading
I recently received a question about how to use DB2 with Zend Framework on IBM i. Thomas wrote: I would like to start with Zend Framework on i5 [IBM i] with Zend Server and ZF’s DB2 database adapter. I got … Continue reading