- 2/21/2017 – 2/21/2017TBDAlan will join the members of SEMIUG in February to share PHP tips and techniques for IBM i developers.
- 3/14–16/2017Delavan, WIAlan will speak at this 3-day event featuring more than 50 informative presentations on current topics for IBM i professionals.
- 3/21–23/2017Orlando, FLGet ready for a highly interactive conference devoted exclusively to the needs of IBM i development teams. Join us to learn how to fast-forward application modernization, Web development and mobile apps - all leveraging IBM i data and business logic.
- 5/6/2017 – 5/6/2017Orlando, FLLearn Git and Github for source control in the "Git Fun & Games" Workshop with Alan Seiden, Aaron Bartell, Stephanie Rabbani, Liam Allan. In the afternoon, continue with Alan's "Make Your IBM i Sizzle with Wordpress" Workshop.
- 5/7–10/2017Orlando, FLAttend the largest gathering of Power Systems professionals in the world. Alan joins forces with IBM's Scott Forstie to present "Using DB2 and SQL with Open Source Languages." Alan will also present 4 additional sessions on PHP and related topics.
Category Archives: PHP
Every year I look forward to WMPCA’s Spring Technical Conference. And it’s not just because this active IBM i user group does a great job of bringing experts to beautiful Wisconsin (in March!) to teach a broad range of IBM … Continue reading
I’m proud to have written the foreword for BCD’s new eBook, Top 10 Reasons to Choose PHP for IBM i Web Application Development. In this free eBook, author Duncan Kenzie explains why PHP has become the mainstream solution for web … Continue reading
I recently joined speaker and consultant Paul Touhy for a spontaneous, personal ‘iTalk with Tuohy’ recorded chat, described thus: “Paul Tuohy talks to development guru Alan Seiden about developing in PHP, the PHP for IBM i Toolkit, performance for developers … Continue reading
Exact name is required when calling a service program’s procedure Some developers make a common mistake when calling a procedure in a service program using the PHP Toolkit for IBM i or any toolkit based on XMLSERVICE. It’s easy to … Continue reading
The support team at Zend has written a knowledge base of tips for configuring and administering Zend Server for IBM i. The tips, written chiefly by Rod Flohr, are accurate and thorough. Recommended is the site’s option to notify registered … Continue reading
The 2015 COMMON annual meeting and expo, now in its first day, is helping speakers and attendees create innovation through IBM i integration: open source, closed source, IBM and vendor solutions. For example, of my six presentations during this conference, … Continue reading
By default, user profiles longer than eight (8) characters cannot connect to IBM i via Secure Shell (SSH). This limitation affects tools such as Zend Studio, which will show a message similar to “Failed to connect sshd on “<some ip … Continue reading
Starting January 27, 2015, I’ll be giving three free Tuesday webinars: January 27: Strategic Modernization with PHP February 17: Bring RPG/COBOL business logic to the web with the PHP Toolkit March 10: Speedy PHP on IBM i All three one-hour webinars … Continue reading
Update as of Jan. 26, 2015: youngiprofessionals.com now redirects to the new server. ————- The youngiprofessionals.com site, which hosts XMLSERVICE, has been moved to a new server. Till the domain name can be directed to the new server, use this … Continue reading
I’ve relaunched my PHP and IBM i newsletter. Here is the January 2015 edition, out today. To subscribe and receive this free newsletter each month, go here: alanseiden.com/tips. Comments welcome. Happy 2015– Alan